Thursday, April 21, 2011

Talent vs Work Ethic

                                
What's Up World,
                          I just wanted to talk about this, because it's been on my heart lately. I know so many talented people in the world. I mean, artists who are exceptional at what they do. But it seems like the older I'm getting the more I'm realizing that talent does NOT mean a person has strong work ethic. In fact, it seems like I'm at a place where the most talented people, have the weakest work ethic. I've always been an advocate for hard work, because that's what separates you from everyone else. That's what pushes you past the people with  incredible natural ability. If you're more talented, but I work harder than I WIN. Period. I say that, because so many times talent can be used as a crutch. You know you're talented so you don't work. I want people to know that Strong Work Ethic = Consistency. Your ability to be strong in your gift over and over again. And we all know, people can't doubt you when you're consistent. So I challenge every artist to develop a passion for WORK, and watch what it does to your talent.
                                                                           Peace
                                                                               Brentwood Slim

No comments:

Post a Comment