Monday, April 11, 2011

ART INSPIRES

Hello World,
                    It's Brentwood Slim. This is my first time blogging. I used to think that this was a lame thing to do, but I actually dig on it now. I titled this blog "art inspires" because that's what great art does. When I think of some of my favorite rappers, singers, and actors I'm always motivated to create after watching them work. It makes me want to grind harder. It makes me want to bring all of my creative ideas to the light. The crazy thing though, is lately I haven't felt that way at all. It's like I don't see work that inspires me to be better anymore. I'm not moved by what's on the radio and I haven't seen any new movies that make me go home and think about things. I know everyones like "watch old movies" or "stop complaining" but this is something that's important though. I feel that as humans we should always be moving forward, and seek truth over gimmick. I just miss real experiences. When you hear a song and it takes you somewhere because you know that it came from a real place. Not just to get on the radio. Or movies with storylines that have depth and not just beautiful women, cars, and fights. So I guess I'm just challenging anyone who's an artist to dig deeper.
                                                                 'Til Next Time
                                                                       Brentwood Slim  

No comments:

Post a Comment